IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Return to Amdram.co.uk

Please read the Forum Users' Guidelines in Announcements and Important Information before using the boards. It will be assumed that you have.

To be able to post, you must register as detailed below. You must give a valid email address. If you are requesting help, a general location is a great help for people answering your plea!!

Please keep an eye on the Main Site where up to date information about amdram.co.uk and amateur theatre in general is published.

Please note that you have to be registered to post in the forum. At the moment registration is separate to the main site (due to spam issues). You can read posts in the forum without registering, but if you want to post you will need to email me giving me a username you would like to use and I will set up an account for you. As usual all this is free.

> Great Panto Songs
wozmcwill
post Jun 2 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #1

Frequent Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 1276

Possibly a little early but thought i'd ask. What songs are great for Panto? Opening and Closing numbers? Good Songsheet Songs? Good numbers for the Dames?

I opened Dick Whittington with 'I'm into something good' good the the villagers number.

Raining Men was great for our Ugly sisters in Cinderella as was Mysterious girl when she arrived at the ball.

My Bonnie has worked quite well for a songsheet too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
stagedoor
post Jun 2 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #2

Regular Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 1170

Some of the songs from when we did ALADDIN last year...

Act 1 Opening number - Bring It All Back - S Club 7
Born With A Smile On My Face (Aladdin)
Unexpected Song (Princess)
This Is The Moment (Aladdin)
Working 9 till 5 (Widow Twankey)
End of Act 1 - medley of Baubles Bangles and Beads, leading into Choral reprise of This Is The Moment

Act 2 Opening number - Material Girl (Princess)
Happiness - Ken Dodd!!(Aladdin)
Flash Bang Wallop (Aladdin and Company)
and some other contemporary pop stuff

for the finale, we had a nice version of "We Need A Little Christmas" from MAME - I decided to do this as it was a little in-joke, seen as the panto was on in NOVEMBER!! I thought it might be a nice little nod to the fact we did the panto "early" and "we need a little Christmas" haha.

I think you need to get a mix just right though - something that appeals not only to the kids, but the parents and grandparents who have to "put up" with the panto for two hours (hence our Stephanie de Sykes and Ken Dodd numbers for the oldies!)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 01:57 PM

Home | Events | Groups | Classifieds | Services | Forums | Chat | FAQs | Contact Us | Extras
About Us
| Terms of Use and Privacy Policy | Site Index
©2005 amdram.co.uk