IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Return to Amdram.co.uk

Please read the Forum Users' Guidelines in Announcements and Important Information before using the boards. It will be assumed that you have.

To be able to post, you must register as detailed below. You must give a valid email address. If you are requesting help, a general location is a great help for people answering your plea!!

Please keep an eye on the Main Site where up to date information about amdram.co.uk and amateur theatre in general is published.

Please note that you have to be registered to post in the forum. At the moment registration is separate to the main site (due to spam issues). You can read posts in the forum without registering, but if you want to post you will need to email me giving me a username you would like to use and I will set up an account for you. As usual all this is free.

> Olde Tyme Music Hall Skits/melodrama
Karen1814
post Jul 22 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #1

Regular Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 326

Does anyone have any sketches or melodramas suitable for a school staff Olde Tyme Music Hall that they would be willing to share?

Alternatively suggestions of where to look for some?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Lazy Bee
post Jul 23 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #2

Good grief, get a life

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

QUOTE (Karen1814 @ Jul 22 2006, 03:44 PM) *
Does anyone have any sketches or melodramas suitable for a school staff Olde Tyme Music Hall that they would be willing to share?

Alternatively suggestions of where to look for some?

Thanks.

I'm afraid I come under the "suggestions of where to look" category since this is a commercial source...

What's your time limit on melodramas? Most complete plays will tend to be on the long side for fitting into a music hall. The shortest that we offer (of the scripts designed to be played by adults) are:-
The Black Widow by Helen Sharman and The Horrible Hot-Air Homicide by Ray Lawrence. Both of those are modern pastiches of Melodrama, playing up the absurdity and mild vulgarity. (Whilst this would be in the range of music hall melodrama, much original material would have taken itself more seriously, being a product of Victorian sentimentality!)

We have lots of sketches. The limitation is how much you want to stick to Music Hall period. The nearest would be the Schoolroom Sketch by TLC Creative - which is actually a pantomime sequence reworked as a stand-alone sketch.
Lots of others might fit if you're not tied to Victoriana.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 10:44 PM

Home | Events | Groups | Classifieds | Services | Forums | Chat | FAQs | Contact Us | Extras
About Us
| Terms of Use and Privacy Policy | Site Index
©2005 amdram.co.uk