Gold Dust Sings
A free-to-enter competition aimed at finding new singer/song-writing talent and helping to launch the winner into a career in the industry. We are offering a £100 cash prize and, if judged good enough, the winning entrant will have his or her work promoted worldwide by Devon-based music publisher Tabitha Music Limited. Here is a sound clip from a recent interview with Graham Sclater, Managing Director of the company, on BBC Radio Hereford & Worcester: [INTERVIEW].
Here’s what you need to do:
- You must be free to attend the live finals at The Horse public house in Waterloo on the evening of Friday 15th November 2013.
- You must submit three examples of your work in MP3 format to allow us to decide whether or not to invite you to perform in the finals.
- There are no restrictions with regard to the age or gender of the entrants, or with regard to the style or genre of the songs.
- Entrants may submit up to three songs in MP3 format for the initial assessment. They will not be judged on the technical quality of the recordings but only on the artistic merits of the performances.
- MP3 entries will be accepted as email attachments only and the covering letter should include brief personal details of the entrant (name, age, previous musical accomplishments or performance experience if any).
- At the finals entrants must provide their own accompaniment or may sing unaccompanied if desired. We will provide a keyboard and a PA system with microphone(s) and inputs suitable for guitar pickups and the like. A pre-recorded instrumental accompaniment will not be acceptable.
- The closing date for entries is midnight on Friday November 1st and entries should have the words Gold Dust Sings in the subject line and should be emailed to: sirat [at] davidgardiner [dot] net
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the judging process.
- Persons who have performed at previous Gold Dust live events or have any connection with members of the Gold Dust team will not be eligible to take part.
for Gold Dust magazine.